Registration Question?

Registration Question?

Unread postby bmgillespie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 am

Hello All,
My scenario is, I have a Euro female here in U.S and I am thinking about importing sperm from a Euro country, Where would I register the puppies here in U.S or country of the donor male? How would I prove who the father / donor is?
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Dobes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:20 am

Register the pups in the US. Just confirm with the KC that AI is acceptable.
Dobes
Novice
Novice

Unread postby bmgillespie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:07 am

Dobes,
Thank you, How do prove who Father is? Does specimen come with some sort of verification?
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby guiliver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:22 am

bmgillespie wrote:Dobes,
Thank you, How do prove who Father is? Does specimen come with some sort of verification?

usually the vet takes the sperm signs.
guiliver

Unread postby penkeepe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:02 pm

This is from the AKC web site:

E. Artificial Insemination Using Fresh Extended or Frozen Semen
A litter produced as a result of artificial insemination using imported frozen or fresh extended semen will be considered for AKC registration if the Sire meets the same requirements for AKC registration as stated in Section I, and is DNA certified
as follows,
Effective October 1, 1998, AKC “DNA Certification” is required for all stud dogs, domestic and foreign, collected for fresh extended and frozen semen use. Cheek swab DNA samples must be obtained by the collector and submitted to the AKC with the Notification of Collection. An “AKC DNA Certificate” with the DNA Profile and Number is issued to the owner.
F. Import DNA Requirement
All imported dogs (male or female) registered on or after March 1, 2006 require AKC DNA profiling prior to the registration
of their first AKC-registered litter.

If you go to akc.org and click on 'Registration' it will guide you to the proper forms needed.

Nellie
penkeepe

Return to General dobermann issues