Longevity in Citone dogs

Longevity in Citone dogs

Unread postby Pinky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Hello all!

I'm trying to look at dogs bred from the kennel Citone, and how long they lived and how they died. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of info on this in for example http://www.dobermannpedigrees.nl/

As I've concieved its Dr. Pezzano who is the owner and breeder of del Citone dogs. He is also a well-known and reputable judge (e.g. IDC), and I believe he has a lot of power when it comes to forming the Dobermann breed.

So my question is: Why hasn't one of the most influencial Dobermann breeder and judge published the death cause (and dates) of his dogs anywhere? At least nowhere a common dogbuyer can find it. Shouldn't somone like Pezzano support the knowledge of longevity in Dobermann?

Maybe there is somewhere I haven't looked. If so, please inform me. :D
Pinky

Unread postby Ronindobe » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Yes he certainly should! Lead by example. I have repeatedly asked the exact question and in particular about Gino Gomez, since I have a male line bred on him. It is a relatively simple thing to provide this information.
If the president and top judge can not see this as important, I suggest that personnel changes need to be made.

Please Dr. Pezzano provide this information and confirm the continued life of the hugely influential dog, Gino.

8)
Ronindobe
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Ronindobe wrote:Yes he certainly should! Lead by example. I have repeatedly asked the exact question and in particular about Gino Gomez, since I have a male line bred on him. It is a relatively simple thing to provide this information.
If the president and top judge can not see this as important, I suggest that personnel changes need to be made.

Please Dr. Pezzano provide this information and confirm the continued life of the hugely influential dog, Gino.

8)

Hello Ronindobe,
I and others have asked this question several times and I beleive we have to live with the fact that it will never be answered. I am going to order the new DCm test and hope for the best. It is truly unbeliveable that we cannot have a definitive answer as to the status of Gino who seems to be in about 50% of the current Dobermanns lines and considered by many asone of the greatest studs of all time. Its like not knowing what happend to Muhammed Ali if he were to just disappear :)
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

longlivety in citone dogs

Unread postby robbert » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Simply, because if the truth is not good it can destroy him and his so famous kennel. And people accussing the older kennels but most things were not available in those days as it is now. Now not answering is almost the same as pleading guilty.
robbert
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Re: Longevity in Citone dogs

Unread postby ins0mnia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Pinky wrote:Hello all!

I'm trying to look at dogs bred from the kennel Citone, and how long they lived and how they died. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of info on this in for example http://www.dobermannpedigrees.nl/

As I've concieved its Dr. Pezzano who is the owner and breeder of del Citone dogs. He is also a well-known and reputable judge (e.g. IDC), and I believe he has a lot of power when it comes to forming the Dobermann breed.

So my question is: Why hasn't one of the most influencial Dobermann breeder and judge published the death cause (and dates) of his dogs anywhere? At least nowhere a common dogbuyer can find it. Shouldn't somone like Pezzano support the knowledge of longevity in Dobermann?

Maybe there is somewhere I haven't looked. If so, please inform me. :D

Hei Pinky,

I'm from Norway myself, so I'm gonna give you the straight answer: Stay away!

I'm on Facebook, join the group "Save the Dobermann breed" here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132029410148329

You can also message me, just search for "Ayman Mackouly" I'll provide you with all the info you need.
ins0mnia

Unread postby Ekelia83 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 pm

I would have to agree with ins0mnia.. stay away. I have heard that these dogs do not live long. Very sad because the role of a breeder is to produce dogs who are healthy, live long and to better the breed.
Ekelia83

Return to General dobermann issues