Most typical Dobs

Top 5 kennels, top 10 males ever, top 10...

Most typical Dobs

Unread postby BD » Sat May 06, 2006 2:02 pm

This topic may raise contraversions:

The top five in life most typical males (Closer to standart)
The same for the females (Easier I think...)
The top 10 most typical males and females after 1980.

Black Division
BD

Unread postby BasKal » Thu May 25, 2006 6:15 pm

MALES (alive):
1.Benhur Red del Arco Azurro
2.Urbano del Diamante Nero
3.Tyson di Campovalano
4.Fedor del Nasi (better than his sire for me)
5.Grant di Villa Conte
*GinnoGommez del Citone for the head only is best, but the body is very long and narrow, the back somewhat soft, the hair long, the paws not cat -like.He is the best sire of all.

FEMALES(alive):
1.Come as you are Freya
2.Irinland Zara Zeife
3.Farah di Campovalano
4.Eria pro Cimberley Crystal
5.Gloria del Nasi
BasKal
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Most typical

Unread postby BD » Wed May 31, 2006 11:46 am

I was thinking of the followings, most of them I had the privilege to meet by close. However, another moment I could place other dobs too in such a list…

Males:
Wanja Wandor Stevinhage
Urbano DN
Perfect Poker DGV
Sorrel Z Padoku
Fedor del Nasi
Moro DN

Females:
Graphic Line Florenzia
Farah Campovalano
Monimaker dei Sailu Grimaldi
Gloria del Nasi
Decora Destiny Piligrimmas
Faery Royal Bell

Just to comment your choices Baskal, I think we are close in our approaches to the standard. All you mention are among the most typical. However, regarding Benhur, I think his minus points are the upper jaw end, ear position and croup-tail area. Tyson is too tall while I disagree for the head of Gino: I think that the scalp area is small and rather domed. However he proved a sire indeed despite the potential health problems he can pass. Zara, a beautiful specimen is not in my list cause of pure dentition and fade colors.

In females, there are many close to standard since in a female correct outline is enough while a male needs bones, mass not to mention dynamic characteristics…

For me, I had the privilege to admire twice the complete Dobermann: Wanja Wandor.
Unfortunately, his legacy is rather small, mostly cause he was mated with working females.
Black Division
BD

Unread postby BasKal » Wed May 31, 2006 10:46 pm

I like Wanja to, and he surely could make the top 10 (this is a top 5).But his head and ear position isnt the best.I like his wonderful general outlook (he is the most used modern dog in germany, his kids are not so bad ). As for Benhur he has faults, but he is the most classic looking. Graphic Line Florenzia, is somewhat masculine but she could be in a top ten to.
Moro has an interesting-strong, but not very correct head, he is oversized-more than Tyson, and has bad front angulation and cow hocks.He was a good sire when bred to certain lines, but also, produced kryptorchids and missing teeth, and a certain number with lack of parralellism.
I can not find faults on Gino headtype.
BasKal
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Ruf-Ctr2 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:01 pm

@BasKal, BD

Where would Nitro dRB stand in your opinion?
Ruf-Ctr2

Nitro No 1

Unread postby BD » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:44 pm

Thank you for asking my opinion Ruf-Ctr2 since everyone has one…

Nitro is not my first five MOST TYPICAL for the followings minus points:
Head type very wide and slightly rounded in ear area. Eyes placed rather close. Expression not of my taste. The neck is short in comparison of the rest dog. The grade of his topline is rather small (almost horizontal back).
This is because the front legs are a bit shorter in proportion the rear legs. The markings are bright. His condition was super at 99 but after 2 years he keep more weight than he should.

BUT he is in my personal overall top males, that’s why I have a female of his. Maybe I wanted to avoid beeing subjective and didn't make a special note for him.
Long head, strong skeleton, muscles, absolute correct first and second angulations and temperament fully working. The rest of his characteristics are superb and he gives most of his values to his progeny not only at first generation.
He is the maybe the best producer arround and his progeny -which as far I know prove very healthy- are also capable producers.
Nitro is a class of himself. I admire and respect him and I’m proud owner of his line...
Black Division
BD

Unread postby BasKal » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:14 am

I generally agree with BD. Nitro is a breeding paragon.I dont agree for the front angulation.For me it is steep like his grandfather's Quirinus.I dont recomend him for females with straigt front angulation.
As a parent he is the best possible these days.
BasKal
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Return to Top lists