Working Ability With Good Conformation!

Unread postby bmgillespie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:13 am

Valencia,
I understand what you are saying, I am not trying to create a full working dog but a dog with good character and still show capable. As you have mentioned even the dogs over there that come here are from all show lines or all work lines. I want a dog that can pass ZTP and IPO and more important have that natural protection instinct that has been almost completely lost with American Dobes which made me switch in the first place. My boy from Ferro has it but is very dog agressive. My boy from Urbano I think will be very good naturally, he does not bite but will growl & will not back down from approaching strangers, my girl actually would be a great working dog , she has very high drive, smart and would be a great tracker in the right hands. She will need a male on the tall side with deep chest to acheive the results I am looking for. Yankee fits this perfectly physically, he is 72 and has nice deep chest and good posted health results and I know a lot of people do not care but he is vWD free. I am not sure what my girl is because I have not got results back but he is free, so he fits what I am looking for 95%. I also like Bojan. The Jivago lines seem to have both looks and work capabilities.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Weinberge » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:00 am

Bravou ! You are smart and you find best solution !
I think you wish to transform America in a new Russia. :lol:
Only in Russia they get Diamante and Citone genetic and after that threy return the line back on Quirinus/Franckenhorsts/Slavnoi :lol:
:lol:
Weinberge
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby n » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Just one thing since you talk also about my dog :mrgreen: . Yankee has absolutely no need to get help from any helper, judge or else. People who have come to see him in person have always had the chance to see with their own eyes all his qualities in a home environment freely and in working fields. No dog is perfect of course and some super dogs sometimes fail tests and trials too, but some are closer to perfection than others. If he has a certain owner, or how was it put some posts back, it is because the dog was worth owning, in the sense that a certain owner would never take a young adult male to his home if the dog was not worth the time and effort. Sometimes having a certain owner or breeder can also be an obstacle for the dog, all is not what it seems. :wink:

P.S. Since you talked also about him... I have 10.5yr old daughter of Randy, alive and very well. It was an excellent litter from the great Randy!
n

Unread postby Niro » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:52 pm

n wrote:Just one thing since you talk also about my dog :mrgreen: . Yankee has absolutely no need to get help from any helper, judge or else. People who have come to see him in person have always had the chance to see with their own eyes all his qualities in a home environment freely and in working fields. No dog is perfect of course and some super dogs sometimes fail tests and trials too, but some are closer to perfection than others. If he has a certain owner, or how was it put some posts back, it is because the dog was worth owning, in the sense that a certain owner would never take a young adult male to his home if the dog was not worth the time and effort. Sometimes having a certain owner or breeder can also be an obstacle for the dog, all is not what it seems. :wink:

P.S. Since you talked also about him... I have 10.5yr old daughter of Randy, alive and very well. It was an excellent litter from the great Randy!

Hi!

Maybe my words came out in the wrong way - i did not mean to dis-credit Yankee or offend you - i did early in the topic mention his name as an example of a dog with high working abillity & good enough conformation.

I did not say he need help from the "helper" - but when comparing to Tairo Thor i suggested that TT had a "harder" time from the helper and one should take this into consideration before making conclusions about the 2 dogs.

My critical ramark about Yankee's head-type i feel are an correct observation but that was also comparing to Tairo Thor - still Yankee for sure should be valuable in breeding - cause of his "all in all" qualities - he looks better than most Koer-dogs :) I wish both you & your dog further success :) I know a interesting up-coming litter in Sweeden from Yankee and iam sure more people will use him..

About "having a certain owner or breeder" - i agree - sometimes it is an advantage and sometimes a dis-advantage :wink:

Didn't y also have a very good son of Randy too who got old? (and was titled Schh111) Hope your female have more healthy years to come.. :)

/T
Niro
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Niro » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:52 pm

double post - sry
Niro
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby n » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:13 am

The son from Randy was a brother of my female Madonna del Conte Drago, his name was Mondial del Conte Drago. He was poisoned to death together with his daughter Dinico Summer del Conte Drago in his home yard last August. Mondial was a male of excellent character and super working qualities, strong bones and very healthy at the age of ten. He is terribly missed and so is his daughter. :cry:

These are some of my pups from Yankee :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4J3SEDp5vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrYXyIN9xs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVpWxTVKP78
n

Unread postby js_finland » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Niro wrote:I forgot to mention this dog - i believe in this one - Don Diego Harten Kern :D He look very good with strong bones and a strong head, very correct in type (i see him @ the IDC this year) and more important he did one of the best performances @ the Koerung 2008 with 1A :wink:

Niro (or anybody else) - did you see Don Diego in Körung two years ago?
Any videos of this stud working? None on Youtube I suppose.
js_finland

Unread postby js_finland » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 pm

(Triple post...)
Last edited by js_finland on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
js_finland

Don Diego v. Harten Kern

Unread postby js_finland » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 pm

(Double post...)
Last edited by js_finland on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
js_finland

Unread postby js_finland » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Niro wrote:I forgot to mention this dog - i believe in this one - Don Diego Harten Kern :D He look very good with strong bones and a strong head, very correct in type (i see him @ the IDC this year) and more important he did one of the best performances @ the Koerung 2008 with 1A :wink:

Niro (or anybody else) - did you see Don Diego in Körung two years ago? Naturally talented or well trained?
Are there any videos of this stud working? None at least on Youtube I suppose. On the other hand plenty of still pictures have been published, e.g. here: http://www.vom-harten-kern.com/Don%20Diego1.htm
Last edited by js_finland on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
js_finland

Unread postby Weinberge » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:35 am

It is not first time when Arrow Harrowsberg plus Quirinus plus Irinus plus some Royals and little little little Citone are presented line like a Working OZN . OZN in translation mean Unindentiffied Flying Object. :lol:

Bitten , why you don't mate at Quirinus plus Irinus to obtain working dobermanns ? :smilie19:

Few mens are verry funny ! I never will understand how they contruct this system from board .
Weinberge
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby js_finland » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:20 am

Valencia wrote:It is not first time when Arrow Harrowsberg plus Quirinus plus Irinus plus some Royals and little little little Citone are presented line like a Working OZN . OZN in translation mean Unindentiffied Flying Object. :lol:

Are you referring to Don Diego (http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-details/58536/Don%20Diego%20vom%20harten%20Kern/) now? The main reason I was asking whether somebody here has first hand knowledge (i.e. seen live) about this stud is mainly because Don Diego has been really popular at least immediately after his Körung in 2008 (2 Jahre 1A - time for the lifetime Körung now?). So there must be many breeders that think he is "a jewel" fitting well in this discussion topic - based also on something else than the looks and one Körung. On the other hand it's interesting if there are no (marketing) videos on the internet and that nobody has commented on him although also CharlieChuck mentioned his name while starting this thread.

PS. Personally I do not find a pedigree like Don Diego's too interesting but that's just my personal opinion again.
js_finland

Unread postby jotunheim » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 am

Valencia wrote:It is not first time when Arrow Harrowsberg plus Quirinus plus Irinus plus some Royals and little little little Citone are presented line like a Working OZN . OZN in translation mean Unindentiffied Flying Object. :lol:

Bitten , why you don't mate at Quirinus plus Irinus to obtain working dobermanns ? :smilie19:

Few mens are verry funny ! I never will understand how they contruct this system from board .

From the first hand information I have about those dogs, and what we have personally seen - those qualities are not what we a looking for. Aside from that - do not think the lines we are working with can be complimented with the lines of the previous mentioned dogs.
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby jotunheim » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:22 am

I saw Don Diego in 2008 - and he was entered for his lifetime körung this year, but didn't atttend.
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Ronindobe » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:36 pm

What was Don Diego like Bitten? Did you see him at Korung 2008? And what is your phenotype critique??

8)
Ronindobe
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

PreviousNext

Return to General dobermann issues