What do you think about american Doberman?

What do you think about american Doberman?

Unread postby LF » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:06 am

I live in Brazil and don`t have Dobermans because here we can find only
american bloodline :cry: :cry: I hate this line.My future aim is to bring from Europe the true Dobermans.The differences between them
are very much.The american is very thin and have weak structure.When I look these photos in homepage,I become excited
and sad in the same time because unfortunately I can`t find great Dobs here in my country.What do you think about american blood and why did commit it great mistake with this wonderful dog and others europeans breeds ?
LF

Unread postby Aek » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:30 pm

American and Euro dobes are like from two different planets.
Do you happent to know the difference in their temperament?
Aek

Unread postby esanrica » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:57 pm

recently I read an article on the web about one famous american dobermann, nello's lex luthor....but I don't like him!!!
esanrica
Novice
Novice

Unread postby Guest » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:15 am

American bloodline have been developed for exhibition :shock: :shock: (it`s a joke)and this affected your temperament.We can`t trust in your guard.Inclusively,some dogs
have problems,how:very shy and frightful.This is very sad :( .
Bye people and keep this great euro alive!! :wink:

nello's lex lutor

Unread postby Aek » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:37 am

I just did a bit of research to find this dog you talked about, but I saw nothing special about him. Average construction, strong shoulder but not a very good topline, not a noble head with big yellow marks. This is one of the most titled dogs there?
Aek

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:46 am

Yes.Because the breeders here say that american have better movement,
but I don`t agree with this.They developed a kind of dog much more slight
for show.Great european lines here is very rare.
Merry Christimas people and a great year for everyone!!!

Unread postby esanrica » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:50 pm

nello's lex luthor is an argentinian dobermann that have a great sucess also in the USA like a show dog and top sire (in facts, he is the father of the famous marienburg's repo man)
esanrica
Novice
Novice

Unread postby dobefreak » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:01 pm

american dobermann is way behind the european bloodlines and I dont like their handling. the dogs look awful. I like the natural stand, when you can really see the quality of the dogs. but even some bloodlines in europe are no good. I dont like too heavy dobermanns . dobermann over 50 kg is no good. they loose elegance. it is not a rottweilr.
dobefreak

Unread postby LF » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:26 am

I never saw Dobermans much heavy for to be in comparison with Rotweiler.I don`t like Rotweiler because they are very heavy and Euro Dobermans have a perfect structure:no light,and no much heavy.
At least I think it.
LF

Unread postby Gaidah » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:49 pm

Dog from Adlercrest kennel ( America ) , living in Latvia ... she is very like European best dobermanns , are you agree... ;-)
Dobermanns forever....
Gaidah

Unread postby dobefreak » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:32 pm

I never ment to compare dobermann with rotweiller. but I dont like heavy dobermanns. come to europe to dog shows. some dobermanns are gigantic. I like dobermanns from the early nineties, like graf guido von frankenhorst.
dobefreak

Unread postby Volf » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:48 pm

Well calling for "rottweiler" argument is unneccessary. The whole point about European dobermanns is that they can carry elegance along with solid strength. These both characteristics are lacking in most cases with American dobermanns, European lines win them in both. The question is what does dobermann represent for you? Powerful and elegant breath-taking animal, or a big black poudle for handling.
Volf

American vs European Doberman

Unread postby Rosamberg » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:48 pm

I live in the States and have owned Doberaman's as pets for 20 years- but was never involved in Shows or serious training. I recently decided to get involved with Schutzhund and started researching this endeavor about 6 months ago. It was a difficult decision which way to go- with another Doberman or a German Sheperd. In the states there are many importers of good European, working lines German Sheperds but very few with good working lines Dobes. Apparantly the drives necessary for this work were bred out in the quest for pretty dogs that can only prance around in the show ring. Apparantly this is generally the case with North American bred German Sheperds as well. The few kennels in the states with working lines Doberman's also seemed to be more expensive than I could afford to pay at this time. I was going to be travelling to Russia this past month and decided to look there. It seems that my choice was narrowed down to Doberman's as working lines Sheperd's have only recently begun to be imported. I am happy to say I found a very nice puppy in Moscow at a price I could afford. It appears she not only comes from excellent show lines but also has the drives necessary for working. One of the top doberman people in the states, Ray Carlisle has a website with a good article on the subject as well, http://www.caradobe.com/
Rosamberg

Unread postby bladek9 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:15 am

I love American bloodlines....but then I could be bias :wink: I like a more athletic type dog which I liken to a thoroughbred horse. I think the most important thing really is whats inside. No good having the 'perfect' conformed dog if his temperment is unstable. I've heard that a lot of dogs bred in America can be jittery but Australian breeders prioritise temperment in their breeding to eliminate any undesirable traits. Recently in Australia there was a publication stating the top 10 dogs likely to bite taken from statistics and it was lovely to see that the dobermann was on the bottom of the list on the same par as Golden Retrievers.
bladek9

Unread postby LF » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:22 am

Hi Gaidah!I know a little about this kennel(Aldercrest) and this female is
really wonderful.I love this line you mentioned in that photo.
LF

Next

Return to General dobermann issues