Longevitity & Feeding

Unread postby Ronindobe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:23 am

Geez quick turn around!! No have not tried Blue. How is it priced compared to Eagle? Please keep me posted on the use of Insominia's recipe. You have my email don't you?
Ronindobe
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:31 am

Ronindobe wrote:Geez quick turn around!! No have not tried Blue. How is it priced compared to Eagle? Please keep me posted on the use of Insominia's recipe. You have my email don't you?

It is expensive, I think I will do better with all natural. My email should work through here but I'll PM you it.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby ins0mnia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Hello Ronindobe, nice to see you too! :) I'm glad to see that some people do actually care about what they feed their dobies and their health in general!

I will send you a PM, so we could keep in contact :)
ins0mnia

Unread postby jotunheim » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:22 am

Happy Birthday - to a Grand Old Lady ...

Jotunheim's Idun - aka Freja turns 11 years old today, still kicking and working :D

Bitten
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby ins0mnia » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Wow!! Happy birthday sweet Freja!! Keep kicking for many more years to come!!!

Just fantastic!:)

:-)
ins0mnia

Unread postby bmgillespie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:59 pm

jotunheim wrote:Happy Birthday - to a Grand Old Lady ...

Jotunheim's Idun - aka Freja turns 11 years old today, still kicking and working :D

Bitten

Congats! Happy Birthday old girl

In the intrest of this topic, what is her diet?
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby jotunheim » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 pm

bmgillespie wrote:

Bitten

Just an ordinary plain dogfood - nothing special or expencieve :)

Bitten
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:25 pm

jotunheim wrote:
bmgillespie wrote:

Bitten

Bitten

Interesting :D , Because that is all I fed my Dobes from the 70's & 80's and they all lived to old age except one that had accident. What is her lines?
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby jotunheim » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:49 pm

bmgillespie wrote:
jotunheim wrote:
bmgillespie wrote:

Bitten

Bitten

Interesting :D , Because that is all I fed my Dobes from the 70's & 80's and they all lived to old age except one that had accident. What is her lines?

you can find her pedigree here:

http://www.geocities.com/jotunheimdobes ... digree.htm

Bitten
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Lot of working line. Is it me or does it seem that the working lines seem ti have more longevity?
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:39 pm

I had another idea about problems with our dogs that kind of relates to feeding and longevity. I think another problem that no seems to adress concerning our Dobermans is that our dogs are getting way to tall/heavy. I have looked at pictures of long lived dogs of the past and there is no way they were 90 to 100 lbs or 40 - 45 kg in weight. I believe as with humans the more weight they carry the shorter the life span. Here in U.S the life expectancy of our kids is actually going down because they are to fat and I beleive this appiles to the Dobermann also. I think we should get back to breeding and keeping Dobermanns weight and height back to the medium of the standard ( A lot of breders are pushing the upper limits). Dobermanns are simply getting to large I beleive the FCI / Judges has the ability to control and stop this trend. If these large dogs stop winning big shows people will stop breeding them. It should not take this to happen but we have seen that most breeders will use the winning studs not matter their health, size, etc. I also beleive this has a direct impact on the Dobermanns ability to work. I say this because all our best working champions are well within the standard and more towards the lower part of standard and I have also noticed that most working dog lines seem to have a noticable longer life expectancy that no one seems to talk about. I have seen where people actually brag about dog being 40 kg at very young ages (8 months) that is way to heavy for any normal size Dobermann. This has to stop or we will get what we deserve.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Weinberge » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Today I receive a message from somebody which request from me a male puppy and I must to guarante , at maturity he will have OVER 50 Kilos.
I respond verry clear and I recomand to this man to get a Great Dane and Rotwailler and for sure will have over 50 Kilos.

In my opinion and knowledge, over the time, the original dobermanns endure many outcrosses with other races.
The BIG TALL IT IS NOT A ORIGINAL DOBERMANN TRAIT !
Like a paranthesis, the initial dobermanns has NO TAIL !
Today dobermann breed is INVERSE !

The problem is not the big tall. The problem is genetically again.
Sure, we can not generalyse but in general, big tall mean foreign original race genes. Big tall mean ill genes because when breeders introduce power, chest , bones in dobermann breed , they introduce and other ills ( molosoidal wrong HD, stomachal torsions = big chest dogs are more affected than others , is supposed DCM comed from Grat Dane or Greyhound, molosoidal eyes , 3 eye lid , incorect paw, incorect character ).

The powerfull big dobermanns with absolutely CORRECT TIPICITY , CORRECT CHARACTER and HEALTLY are very rares dogs.

For that reasons I am categorical against ANY MOLOSOIDAL TRAIT IN DOBERMANN BREED .
Weinberge
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:10 pm

50 kg = 110 lbs :D You told him correctly, that is not a Dobermann. I would not be suprised if this person was from U.S. We like everything super-sized :(
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby BasKal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:16 pm

bmgillespie, there are plenty of males over 50kg without been oversized - for example Ferro. I think that you must travel in Europe.You must see the dogs yourself.
BasKal
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Weinberge » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:25 pm

I do not reffer at power on my intervention. I like powerfull studs 71-72 cm. I also can like a atlet like Mohican .
I damn molosioidal traits and other invisible character/health elements which probable can double the phisically molosoidal traits .
Ferro have one of the best actual tipicity.
Last edited by Weinberge on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weinberge
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

PreviousNext

Return to General dobermann issues