What are the Long Live Lines?

What are the Long Live Lines?

Unread postby bmgillespie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Everyone keeps mentioning about good and bad lines but no one seems to say what they are. I have heard about Urbano and his line as good and I am glad because I have a direct son from him. There has to be more than this line or there is going to a lot of inbreeding. So, instead of saying there are good and bad, please at least say what the good one are suppose to be.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Re: What are the Long Live Lines?

Unread postby jotunheim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:46 pm

bmgillespie wrote:Everyone keeps mentioning about good and bad lines but no one seems to say what they are. I have heard about Urbano and his line as good and I am glad because I have a direct son from him. There has to be more than this line or there is going to a lot of inbreeding. So, instead of saying there are good and bad, please at least say what the good one are suppose to be.

Good lines, which have good long levity, are lines / combinations which continusly produce long lived dogs - where you have generations of dogs that have lived long.
Aside from that, those lines must also consist of:
- excellent mentality
- overall excellent health scores
- have natural instincts and drives
- high work ability and aptitude
- funktionallity

Bitten
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:33 pm

hello Bitten,
Sorry I did not put this in my previous post, everything you said is true and facts but I am looking for the names of these lines. While I am mentioning it, what current dogs have these lines? I hear a lot about the older dogs that have passed away, I and I am sure others would like to know living studs as well as females, who for some reason people also fail to mention when discussing most issues on here. I for one believe the female is more important in passing on genes than the male. I have no proof it is just my belief.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby jotunheim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:57 pm

bmgillespie wrote:hello Bitten,
Sorry I did not put this in my previous post, everything you said is true and facts but I am looking for the names of these lines. While I am mentioning it, what current dogs have these lines? I hear a lot about the older dogs that have passed away, I and I am sure others would like to know living studs as well as females, who for some reason people also fail to mention when discussing most issues on here. I for one believe the female is more important in passing on genes than the male. I have no proof it is just my belief.

There are name names, many combinations - what they have in commen is, that they all have the same background :)
Do try and go through the DPCA list - http://www.dpca.org/Longevty/longevity/appLC.htm
look under: Listing - then the LC list and the BLF1 list
If you have problems with those pedigrees that you might find listed there - let me know, and I will try and help you.
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Re: What are the Long Live Lines?

Unread postby Niro » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:08 pm

jotunheim wrote:
bmgillespie wrote:Everyone keeps mentioning about good and bad lines but no one seems to say what they are. I have heard about Urbano and his line as good and I am glad because I have a direct son from him. There has to be more than this line or there is going to a lot of inbreeding. So, instead of saying there are good and bad, please at least say what the good one are suppose to be.

Good lines, which have good long levity, are lines / combinations which continusly produce long lived dogs - where you have generations of dogs that have lived long.
Aside from that, those lines must also consist of:
- excellent mentality
- overall excellent health scores
- have natural instincts and drives
- high work ability and aptitude
- funktionallity

Bitten

Very good post Bitten - agree with y.. :)

/Tore
Niro
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Weinberge » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:59 am

Very good Bitten ! :smt023

Only a personal observation :
long levity, are lines / combinations which continusly produce long lived dogs - where you have generations of dogs that have lived long.

You have right , but that is valable if don't mix them with other ill lines.
If you mix them, for sure you risk infection and you will play Russian Roulette.
This way is verry narrow between succes and desaster , but some time is the unique possible way to obtain the 'complete dobermann' . :wink:

Because from always exist :
-show breeders -very numerouses
-working breeders - rare
-health breeders - almost dissapeared
and..
-' round breeders ' :wink:
Weinberge
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Return to General dobermann issues