In Search of Oldest Living Dobermann

In Search of Oldest Living Dobermann

Unread postby bmgillespie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 pm

After all of the talk about the breed dying off and not living as long, I would like to know how old is the oldest living Dobermann and their lines? So, please post if you have or know of (please fact not here say) a dog that may fit this title.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 am

I guess it is true, there are no old living Dobermanns :(
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby jotunheim » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 pm

bmgillespie wrote:I guess it is true, there are no old living Dobermanns :(

You request was for the OLDEST dog ever - at least this is how I read your question, hence no purpose of starting to ad dogs that lived to 13 or more years.
You should be able to find records within the DPCA system, and wihtin several pedigree databases - as I know I have, and some dogs have lived past 15 and more years. Did try to find the data on a dog from Denmark, which lived to 16 years and 3 months, the records were not to be found in the Danish Kennel Club records, as they do not go that far back - I do though know, and with 100% certaincy, that this was a male, and the sire was Miko v. Fürstenfeld, and it was the only breeding Miko Fürstenfeld did in Denmark.
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Camelot1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:43 pm

yes pity ...if miko was not used much because of his low-set ...hans zwan wrote he had a very fiery temperament and passed it on ...as he went to vera kniff , and was sold on

. his temper an important ingredient for proper dobermann character ...strange why germany ignored its own breeding and went more in the direction of dutch breeding...italy went more in the direction of furstenfeld ....other countries tended to go for the dutch dogs....the frankenhorst and through olive bambys pride dominanted....germany insisted on ztp...yet the show winners were dutch ...with no ztp ...and some with hdc or more..hence the reasons for not just choosing on inbreeding on show winners ....show dogs dont always mean good breeding even though this is the way it goes
Camelot1
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby von Cosack Dobermann » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 am

The oldest I knew of was bred by Mrs. Skidmore from Scudamore Dobermans. Theres a picture of him on her site (Scudamore Dobermans) in the "family" section. He was sold as a pup and Mrs. Scidmore keeps close contact with ALL her pups owners. I think "Frosty" was 17 years 3 months. All of Scudamores dogs excell at Service Work and have a dog at home now that helps Mr. Scudamore in his daily activities. Quality people who have been involved with the breed for many many years! They are both 80 some odd years young and wonderfull people who have breed dogs that are complete (temperament and structure). I've trained a few of their pups from youth OB into PP work and also bred my female to their stud dog with beautifull results, a ong time ago hahaha!!!!
Today I think the oldest dog alive must be Gino del Citone I guess, I never heard that he passed so he must be atleast 27 by now??? Von
von Cosack Dobermann

Unread postby bmgillespie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:29 am

I did not want the oldest living dog on record, that does not matter. I wanted to people to list their old dogs that are living NOW!! I do not care to hear old stories about past Dobermanns, I have heard enough of them, I am looking for CURRENT living Dobermanns. I beleive a good starting point would be dogs 10 years or older, since it seems everyone believes Dobes are dying before 8 years.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby jotunheim » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 pm

bmgillespie wrote:I did not want the oldest living dog on record, that does not matter. I wanted to people to list their old dogs that are living NOW!! I do not care to hear old stories about past Dobermanns, I have heard enough of them, I am looking for CURRENT living Dobermanns. I beleive a good starting point would be dogs 10 years or older, since it seems everyone believes Dobes are dying before 8 years.

Most of our long lived dogs have been entered in the DPCA database, hence you can find the dogs there, but to mention merely a few dogs:
- Jotunheim's Quanor - he will be 11 this coming November, and is healthy and enjoying life in full.
- Jotunheim's Ullva - she'll be 10 this coming October, and is healthy and enjoying life in full.
- Bianca Petit, has just turned 9 on the 2nd of August - again totally healthy at the moment, and have had no incedent of less good health or been ill at any point - heart examination February 2011 confirmed no heart problems at the time of testing.
- Donak v.d. Sonnenleite, was 10 in January 2011 - Holter from 2011 gives confirmation on no heart problems at the time of testing.
There are many more - but as said, they are also easily found through the internet :)
Bitten Jönsson
jotunheim
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks Bitten,
It is good to know that some of are Dobes are stll getting old :D
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Betty » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:56 am

CAYA della Baronessa 11 years
Betty

Unread postby Betty » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:56 am

CAYA della Baronessa 11 years :D
Betty

Unread postby Julia2506 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Hudson Hawk von Jahrestal is still living and healthy! He is 10,5 years old.
Julia2506

Unread postby bmgillespie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Congrats! Hudson Hawk & Baronessa. Do we have any older than 11 years?
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Congrats! Hudson Hawk & Baronessa. Do we have any older than 11 years?
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby Darius » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:27 pm

My Irinland Makumba Mumba (Nitro daughter) will be 11 in october :D
Darius
Newby

In search of oldest living dobermann

Unread postby may » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Sorry for delay in replying.

Strathmill Always is 16 years old.

I will attach photo and pedigree shortly.

Regards,

May
may

Next

Return to General dobermann issues