question about importing a pup

question about importing a pup

Unread postby dollyrockfarm » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:24 am

I live in the states. I don't know how to go about purchasing a pup from someone overseas. How does this work?
dollyrockfarm

Unread postby tinydob » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I would first send email where I tell about myself and what kind of puppy I'm looking for.
tinydob

Unread postby dollyrockfarm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 am

ok, I live in America, and the kind of pup I am looking for is the DOBERMANN kind.
I don't see what difference that makes. Import process doesn't change based of what kind of pup you are after or who you are, generally speaking.
dollyrockfarm

Unread postby von Cosack Dobermann » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:04 am

I guess you can't find what you like in a Dobermann in the states? Because you won't get the support you may need from a breeder from a foreign country who has no reason to sell you a pup other than the money gained. If you buy from a breeder who is relatively close to you both can benefit from the events your interested in. Exhibition for conformation, sport activities, services for special needs people. I have imported dogs since 1965 and the closeness you may want isn't there anymore unless you have a realationship with a breeder and theres common goals already developed. Is there a certain type of dog your looking for? I have alot of contacts with established breeders and I might be able to assist you. Good luck Von
von Cosack Dobermann

Return to General dobermann issues