What really is going to be the end of Dobermanns!

What really is going to be the end of Dobermanns!

Unread postby bmgillespie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:58 am

I have read this site for years and come to the conclusion that DCM is not going to be what kills off the Dobermann, it will be sites like these and I say it for the following reasons:

POLITICS - Changing of the cropping and docking laws. Yes they are still the same dogs but the intimidating look of the Dobermann rather people want to admit to it or not, is what made a lot of people come to like the Dobermann, including myself and the originator.

MAJOR SHOWS - The choice of winners by the same judges and all of the subesquent bitching about who won and who should have won and the reasons why they did or didn't.

THE DOOM & GLOOM PEOPLE - you know who you are, the ones who complain about every breeders startegy and reason for breeding but have not come up with any answers other than complaining and putting Russian Roulette videos of what is happeing to the breed. It seems like if you have been around the breed as long as some of you say you have htne you are just as responsible for what is supposed to be happening to the breed as anyone else or you would have did something to stop the so called end of our Dobermanns.

FINALLY - If your plan is to scare people off from owning the breed, which will put an end to it because nobody will want them and no one will breed them, then you all are doing a VERY good job of that. I hope no one is that vain enough to think that they alone will be the savior of the breed, though I am not so sure that isn't the case. My advice to those who think the breed is doomed is to go find a breed that you think is healthy and is going to live forever and quit scaring people away from this one.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby bmgillespie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:59 am

We are also aware that there are a lot of historians here on the site and we are glad you know it, but there are articles on this site and others saying exactly what you ae saying and I am sure the people can read, I have and read just about every book wrote on Dobermanns or Doberman Pinchers, so I am well aware of the history as I am sure most of the other people who read this site are, so please give us some information we can use other than complaining. When I and people like me ask one of you experts, instead of giving direct answers you all say read this and read that, that is not helping. Please stop making vague references to things on the site and then be afraid to elaborate or say that you do not want to offend someone i.e like making comments on breedings on this site and not saying why you madfe the comment when questioned about it or signing your comment, which is why I put this in the forum and not on the chatboard. It will sign it for me. I welcome any comments on here or PM or email. I am not afraid of what I say, I know I do not know everything not even close about Dobermanns, that is why I ask questions and thought that is what this site is supposed to be about. If I wanted bitching and griping I would watch and read American politics and get all I need. I am here to try and learn things I do not know and do not have the luxury of flying over there to see dogs you all get to see regularly as most of us here in the U.S especially do not have.
bmgillespie
Esteemed member
Esteemed member

Unread postby dinko2506 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:15 am

Nothing can kill dobermann!! All of us have to know, everything is changing, and dobes are do, in which way?!
We should think about it!!!
dinko2506
Novice
Novice

Unread postby Ferdinand » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Nothing can kill the dobermann? I hope
that this is a joke because 20 % died before
you can breed a litter and that only of DCM!!!
Ferdinand
Novice
Novice

Return to General dobermann issues