The trial chairperson is responsible to organize the event.
The trial chairperson handles or supervises all tasks necessary
to prepare and conduct a trial. He/she insures the correct
course of events and must be at the judges disposal
throughout the entire event.
Therefore, the Trial Chairperson is not allowed to show a
dog or take on other duties.
The Trial Chairperson is responsible for:
- Obtaining all necessary event authorizations.
- Finding suitable (in accordance with PO-Regulations) tracking
fields for all trial levels.
- Making arrangements with the owners of the tracking fields
and persons who may have acquired
hunting rights for this property.
- Getting experienced volunteers for example helpers for
the protection phase, tracklayers, people
for the group, etc.
- Securing the trial date.
- Providing all necessary trial equipment (in accordance
with PO-Regulations) and proper
protective clothing for the helpers.
- Providing forms, such as judges books and score
sheets for all trial levels.
- Making scorebooks, registration papers, proof of vaccination
and if necessary proof
of liability insurance available.
The chairperson must inform the judge three days prior to
the event of the location of the trial, the time
the trial starts, directions to the trial site, type of examinations
and number of dogs. If the trial chairperson
fails to provide the judge with this information the judge
has the right to withdraw from his/her appointment.
The event authorization form must be presented to the judge
prior to the start of the trial.